Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Well I have survived the first week of Mother-in-law-dom

Ok so its not really that bad. In fact April and I finally have someone to play games with! Its been a while since the last posting and frankly, its been rather uneventful excluding mom's visit. But boy oh boy do we have the up and comming household. My Cousin Jaren will be returning on the 14th and JENNY is comming home to hawaii! Yay, well I say home because it is my home and I wish it were her's, under better circumstances. So we're back to the overflowing house again. *sigh of relief* Just the way I like it. I am so excited to have more people here that i dusted off the ol' aggravation board and am getting it ready for some late night marble tossin'! Wahoo.
April is doing her "training" this week for her new job. Funny that they are training someone who has worked there for the better part of a year! But that means we finally have health insurance for the entire family. I can finally have that growth on my neck removed, good thing too, it started talking to me and requesting Carl's Jr.
My job is going well and is all that's keeping us afloat right now. Because the govt. pays you for the two weeks previous to the current, we have to wait an entire month before the checks start coming in....that means a tightened belt and no Thai food for a while....oh well, mom can't eat it anyway. Who's bright idea was it to go on a diet before you go on a tropical vacation? Seriously, there's something amiss with that rationale. Hey, whatever tips your canoe.
Well, and this next news bit is just for Lynette, we are adding to our family! Yes, that's right we are adopting a new baby girl. We've decided to name her Sacha (pronounced Sasha). That's a Russian name for 'defender of mankind'. She is a black little baby with only trace amounts of white in her. We figured it would be good for us to show that we are more than just typical Haole's (that's Hawaiian for white mainlander). We have all the paperwork done for her and are almost done paying the bill. We will get to bring her home in May. Mom was really excited because it brings back memories of her own addition from a few years back. Sad that it ended so tragically. No one should ever have to part with a loved one like that. Life is so unfair and people drive way to fast on 2600 N. It'll be nice to have our own little adopted barker. Its been a long time since Abbi was that small.......so have I laid it on thick enough yet? Here's a picture of our new baby girl: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/captain_axle/zoo/IMAGE_006.jpg

Ha ha, Poor Nyettie, I keep picking on you. Its out of love. You can repay the favor when you visit someday.

3 comments:

The Melo Family said...

awe what a cute little puppy!!!!!!!!!!!

Tannon said...

Oh no, What are you going to do with copper? I sent her off in a crate in a container on a ship a month ago! Dont worry! I fed her before I put her in!

Sir Chadwin said...

hardee har har, if I could have brought her I would have, but the vet visits alone would have been $1100 and then there's the plane ticket and the 5 day fast quaratine which tack on another $600. I miss my dog.....this one will have to do i guess....