Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mele kalikimaka and ono hapuna..oh forget it.

As most of you know we are fast approaching Christmas time. So for those of you who don't...Danny, you need to get something for Cyd....fast.... Its almost Christmas time. I had a, well, hard isn't the word for it, maybe an apprehensive time getting into the spirit this year. There was no snow, nor cold of any sort, although there was a whole bunch of rain, it just seemed like mid September in Ut and the season snuck up on me. Well about a week ago we put up the tree. I've spent days now searching for a tree topper we had back in Ogden and no one is claiming to know its whereabouts. Apparently the Politically Correct police have struck Hawaii and no one puts anything Christian related on the tree anymore. So finding a star to represent the marker of our Savior's birth has been unfruitful to say the least. Nevertheless, I toil forward hoping that someone somewhere knows what happened to our Christmas stuff. Meanwhile back at the bat cave, Hannah and Abbi helped us put up the tree and I got a couple of photos that I wanted to share. Hannah showing Abbi how to hang ornaments. Its been harder on me than I thought it would be to be away from family. Even the In-laws...yeah I suppose all you weirdos have grown on me....like a cancer....that you can't escape because there is another one wherever you go....
Most know that my Parents and two brothers are coming just in time for Christmas and New years and Scuba-day, ok I made the last one up but we are having a scuba day nonetheless. Also my older brother Aaron and his wife are coming in January for a couple of days to help us celebrate Scubaday. Some of you are scratching your heads, 'Aaron, who the heck is Aaron?' He's an emotionally adopted (not legally) brother of my family. His parents Jay and Janet are coming at the same time. Full house eh? I can't wait, really!
Also in recent happenings, I was called to be the Scout Master in the ward. This calling doubles as a Deacons' quorum advisor. That part I can handle but I haven't got the foggiest clue how to be a Master at anything, including a scout. This means I have to lose 75 pounds to fit in my scout uniform again. The boys in the ward are typical rambunctious youth, there aren't that many of them, and I look forward to the challenges of directing these young minds to greatness. Pyrotechnics comes to mind, and a lot of toilet papering the bishopric too. Yeah scouts is great!
I am continuing my adventure in electronics. I am making a sizable amount of money doing so. Uncle Don thinks I should start a business with it, but then I'd have to pay taxes on it and other such drab consequences. We'll see. Well, that's all the ramblings for tonight. I will try to post again before the 25th but in case I don't. Please be aware that April and I are missing our close family, individually and as a whole, during this season. Our love and thoughts are with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys too! I'm sorry we weren't able to find your tree topper! We found your Christmas tree (out in the shed, of course), but we ended up using our own fake tree anyway. I think Tannon may have found a couple of other Christmas things. You may want to talk to him! Have a Merry Christmas you guys! :)

Tommy and Sierra said...

Hey you crazy Hawaiian livin’ fools! Wow the holidays are just not the same without our little Chad and April. Oh April your job opportunity called me today for your reference, I told him that your really nice but tend to have a smell and to watch out. :) JK I think he wanted me to shut up already, I went on and on about how wonderful you are. I also touched on your extreme compassion for others and told him how you tried to save my life when I was stung by the manawar ,when we were younger, risking your own life. Then I kept going and going, there was a point when he said that he already knew how wonderful you are and that you've been working there. I think he just wanted to make sure you were patriotic, you know because its a government job and all (which he did ask).Anyway I think you got it in the bag! Love You!!!