Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Another one bites the dust....or, well, um, the sun I guess...

Once again here in my beach Bumdomhood (Haywood D. 2008) I am finding that the more free time you have on your hands the more you end up at the beach. Its a rather silly life, though. Blue waters, soft sandy beaches, mostly naked people, many in bikinis and speedos that SHOULD NOT be in bikinis or speedos, and the ultimate free playground for our kids. Sometimes Lindsey and Chris are included in that collection. This time however it was just the Foleys. Now, I think its rather unfair of me to post nothing but beach pictures for all to behold, especially when there is a lack of afore mentioned beach back in U-town. But, if you're all willing to look, here's another slide show of beach pictures. This slide show is mainly meant for those two Grandmas that may be missing our oldest. These slides are from our last trip to Kailua beach. This beach is the one closest to Uncle Don. The water was nearly still most of the day, the sun was very bright with few clouds and as you can see, I learned my lesson, I am wearing a spf 50 rash guard, and rightly so. April slathered herself and the kids up with good sun screen just as always. I, in turn, made sure she was covered adequately as well. Its a rather comical seen, but one, I imagine, that is repeated world wide. The train of people standing in the kitchen each with sun screen goo in their palms, rubbing the person in front of them. Next time I'll get a picture. Once at the beach Hannah quickly made friends with a cute little polynesian girl named Shaylinn. Hannah and her new accomplice chased crabs, built sand castles, and played in the small waves. Glorious day. Now for the pending bad news. April cooked herself. For those of you who've never had baked April, it's very tender like steamed March, but a robust flavor like sauteed October. She is now in the hurt. Despite her vailiant efforts to remain covered in sunscreen she is now red as can be. Lucky for us the girls aren't nearly as fried. They did get some sun on their faces but little else. I can only imagine the depths of hell we would be thrust into upon dealing with a sunburnt three year old and 10 month baby......*shudder*........
Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: